Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Wolfman


I got to check out the new Wolfman movie this weekend. Being a fan of the original 1941 Lon Chaney, Jr. classic, I was anxious to see what a 21st Century facelift would look like on this old classic. I have to say that I was not disappointed. The gothic horror, 19th Century english feel was awesome. The mist-shrouded country side, the full moon periodically obscured by cloud banks and the cobblestone streets really looked great.

The main characters from the original were in this version as well. Though the story varied a bit, I thought it flowed well. While popular opinion stated that it was too gorey, I have to disagree. Were there eviscerations? Yes. Were there decapitations? You betcha. Were there blood spatters? Oh yeah. But I've seen way worse and I believe the gore was necessary to illustrate the savagery of the beast unleashed.

Again, it was a great movie and I can't wait to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment