Wednesday, September 23, 2009

First Post

Welcome to Old Fang Keep. One of my favorite hobbies is gaming/modelling. I primarily play Warhammer 40,000, but I also enjoy board games and RPGs. So in the posts that follow in the coming days, weeks, and months, I'll share my adventures in gaming and daily life with anyone who cares to read about it.

As I write this post, I thought what better way to kickoff a blog than by starting a new army? Since I broke into 40k about six years ago, I have always wanted to play Space Wolves, but I was never overly happy with the selection of models (especially the scouts) and I didn’t like the idea of carting around two codices just to run the army. But now GW has re-designed the Space Wolves with new models and their very own codex. Finally, the Sons of Russ are getting the attention that they deserve!!

The new codex and new models get released on October 3rd (the day before a full moon - how cool is that?!) at which time I will officially start the project. Only ten days to go!!! What will I do in the meantime, you ask? I have no idea...just kidding. Right now, I'm surfing through the web, looking for modelling ideas, studying preliminary lists of fellow Space Wolf players and generally preparing for the project. My initial purchases have been in the form of foam trays to store the models and a box of last edition Grey Hunters - I thought that it would be a good idea to have some of the older bits around, to help expand on the collection. And lastly, I picked up my copy of the latest White Dwarf yesterday, which is chock full of Space Wolf material, so I'll be reading that and drooling over the models.

No comments:

Post a Comment